September 30, 2013

Striped Halloween Candle

Pin It Now!


The idea for a striped candle came to me as I was perusing the October issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  They showed some beautiful black and white striped tapers just perfect for Halloween.  I have tried and tried to include a picture of my inspiration, but am unable to.  Here is a link to the website where they are sold if you are interested. 

Several days later the idea popped into my mind on how I could create my own striped candles, using things I already own.  I love these kind of projects. 

I knew I could make my own version with electrical tape and some cream colored pillars collecting dust in the basement. 


And here it is.  This is so stinking easy it doesn't need a tutorial.  I started with a stripe at the top and then at the bottom. I then eyeballed a stripe in the center.  From there I added the remaining two stripes by eye.  Sometimes the lines got a little wonky, so then I would reposition until it looked good enough.
 


I am displaying these together on a table with other Halloween lovelies in my living room.  I picked the cute little pumpkin this morning out of my garden.  These didn't grow so well and this is the only full size one so far.  Still, I love it.
 


My daughter put the crow on the branch and I think it is a nice touch.  Great free Halloween décor.


What do you think?
 

I'm Linking Up at:


Made in a Day
The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment